ANGP commitee Minutes MARCH 2011- T Gatlin

REPORTS FROM ANGP CHAIRS AND COMMITTEES:

   Co-chairs: Kathy Lofstuen (Kathleen.Lofstuen@duluth.k12.mn.us) and Tammy Gatlin (waynetam@charter.net) Announcements promoting the ANGP registration and baby pictures will be requested twice per week for the remainder of April.  Sign up forms and information will also be placed in the next Greyhound Reader.  The UMD site is confirmed and most of our plans are in place. 

   Registration and Treasury Chairs: Sue Cooper  (cooper6742@msn.com) and Jena Hart (jdebhart1@msn.com)  We have 188 students registered to date. (Class size approximately 315). Sue will post lists of the Seniors and their grad party status, including baby pictures, payments, signatures, and t-shirt sizes, on the wall by Shawn Roed’s office.  This will hopefully remind students to sign up. Sue requested an “All call” from the East office but it has not been completed yet.  Sue and Jena will be updating the registration form and discussing the payment process for next year. Since the website was not fully functioning until January 2011, online payment capability was not offered this year but may be for the Class of 2012.  Up-to-date registration, budget, and treasury info is available on our password protected “reports” section of the website for any committee members.  Please contact a committee member if you need the password.

   Volunteer Coordinator: Denise Olson (farfrompar20@gmail.com).  Most of the Senior Parent volunteer slots are full, although Denise will be making changes as needed.  She sent out a request via the ANGP email for additional Junior Parent volunteers.  We still need many Jr parents!  Please ask parents to sign up to volunteer using our website, and to contact Denise with questions and concerns.  Denise will be sending out confirmation emails, maps for entry and parking, and job descriptions in the next few weeks.  Even committee members must sign up to be on the volunteer list to be allowed entry into the party- for security reasons and because we don’t want to overrun the Seniors with chaperones.  

   Entertainment co-chairs: Moira Olson (Moira.Olson@duluth.k12.mn.us); and Deb Johnson-(rickdeb@aol.com).  Scheduled entertainment: Hypnotist, DJ, Fortune Teller, Magician, Hairstylist/Nails, Photo Booth, caricaturists, airbrush and henna tattoos, massage therapist, arcade games, climbing wall, and party inflatables- a 70 foot Obstacle Course, a Defender Dome, and potentially a 3rd game.  Also on the list are volleyball, basketball, floor hockey, dodge ball, a class flag, and the prize wheel. 

   Food Chairs: Peg Lee Peg.Lee@lssmn.org  and Lynn Bergal (fourbergals@gmail.com), and Jr parent help from Karen Anderson.  No updates to report at this time.

   Baggage Chairs: Nancy Kohlhaus (kohlhn@aol.com) , Karen Allison (kgar@charter.net),  along withTransportation and Wristband coordinator Gayle Thorton Hennick -(gayledth@yahoo.com) – no changes or updates at this time.

   Decorations: Co-Chairs Kelly Guntzburger; (kelly_j_guntzburger@uhc.com)  and Michelle Carlson (minnesotamichelle@hotmail.com) . The decorations committee met earlier today to make hound paws and to plan decorations.  Mara Ronnigan attended today’s meeting on their behalf.

   Baby/Grad Photos Chair: Deb Renier (greysolon@charter.net): Not many photos are in yet.  A request for the photos will be added to an all call to Senior parents, and to April’s announcements.  Deb will start making a sample display to post and to encourage students to submit their photos. Deb will need to get a list of photos submitted to date to Sue and Jena so that their posted information will accurately reflect picture status.

   Donations Co-Chairs: Ann Cutts (pequaywan58@aol.com) and Debi Persson (debipersson@gmail.com): Ann and Debi are looking for volunteers to help place follow- up phone calls to businesses.  They posted a request for telephone follow-up assistance to Junior and Senior parents via the ANGP email system.

   Prizes Co-Chairs:  Kim Carlin (KCarlin@smdc.org) and Tracy Sorenson (sorensenttmm@msn.com).  No prizes have been purchased to date but some are collected already in the form of donations.  Tracy indicated that they won’t spend too much of the prize budget until we are certain what funds are available.  We plan to spend down the account to accurately reflect donations to the class of 2011 and to provide any additional last minute prizes/money on the day of the party if necessary. 

   Senior Video: Jessa Kohlhaus (Senior student) – no report at this time.

   T-Shirts and DesignDena Cyr (cyrdoo@aol.com) and Dana Noreen (dana.noreen@gmail.com):  Dena and Dana showed us a sample of the planned t-shirt, with a detailed 2 color drawing of East on the front, similar to that on the official East graduation announcements.  The t- shirt will also have the Senior’s names on the back.   Dena and Dana will bring the t-shirts to UMD by 8:30 a.m. on graduation morning so that they will be available immediately when the backpacks arrive.

Our next meeting is Monday April 25 at 7 pm in the choir room. Watch your email and the website for updates to the date and time.  Thank you! Tammy and Kathy