Senior Class Information
On this page…. (page down for details)
SENIOR HONORS NIGHT
BACKPACKS FOR ANGP
- Friday, May 24–Buses leave East at 9:30 A.M. and return to East at 2:30 P.M.
- Yearbooks will be distributed at Park Point. If you have any questions regarding your yearbook, please see Mrs. Peterson.
- Cap and gown distribution and will take place at East upon your return from Park Point. Please be patient during this process.
Senior Honors Night
- Thursday, May 23 at 7:00 P.M. — Myers-Wilkins auditorium, East High school
- Wednesday, May 29th. Seniors are invited to the 2013 Baccalaureate service. This is a voluntary, non-denominational religious service of worship and encouragement. Come in your cap and gown to the auditorium at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 29th.
- All seniors participating in the Commencement Ceremony must attend the rehearsal.
- Please note that there is a $4 ticket for parking at the DECC. The ticket may be reused for the evening commencement service. We encourage you to carpool.
- Students should arrive at the DECC by 8:00 A.M. to register; rehearsal cannot begin until all graduating seniors are present!!! (Please don’t hold up the entire rehearsal because of tardiness.)
- The processional, awarding of diplomas, and the recessional will all be rehearsed.
- Seniors should free their calendars until 12:00 noon for rehearsal; the length of the rehearsal is entirely dependent on the cooperation of the Class (some rehearsals have been completed in 2½ hours, while others have taken 4 hours!)
- You may want to bring a book or other reading material to the rehearsal for the “awarding of the diploma” rehearsal session!
- Each graduating senior participating in the ceremony is allowed 4 tickets for Commencement; these tickets will be distributed during the awarding of the diploma rehearsal.
Backpacks/Items for ANGP
- ALL Items you want for the All-Night Grad Party should be put in a bag/backpack. Turn this one bag over to the check-in station at the DECC before rehearsal. See the schedule page for what to bring and not bring!
- Wednesday, June 5, 7:30 P.M. — DECC Auditorium
- All seniors should arrive dressed in cap and gown (with appropriate dress underneath) by 7:00 P.M.; lines should be formed by 7:10; (it takes a few minutes for line-checkers to do their jobs!).
- Doors for family and friends will open at 6:45 P.M. (all guests must have a ticket to gain admission).
- The all-night grad party will take place at UMD Sports and Recreation Center immediately following commencement!! Student buses will leave right after commencement from the HARBOR side of the DECC. There will be time to have pictures with families before heading to the ANGP.
- Commencement has traditionally been designed to be a solemn occasion, and cheering and noisemaking during the awarding of the diplomas is discouraged!
- Seniors who opt not to participate in the Commencement ceremony must notify Mrs. Knapp (via Karen White in the Main Office) by Friday, May 17.
- Seniors must have all work completed by 3:20 P.M. Friday, May 31.
- Seniors who have outstanding books or fees from the East library will not receive their Commencement tickets until you have received clearance from Mrs. Wipson.
- Seniors who would like to be a candidate to speak at Commencement (one boy, one girl) must sign up on the sheet on the counter in the Main Office by Friday, May 10; as has been the tradition at East, the faculty will vote to elect the class speakers.
- Please be careful- participation in unsanctioned activities (such as “Senior Skip Day” and “Senior Campout”) could result in the exclusion from the Commencement ceremony.