Graduation Day and the ANGP
What to Bring in the Backpack:
- Disposable camera
- Prescriptions in original bottle in a baggie, labeled with name and permission slip
- Comfortable change of clothing for the party, sweatshirt, comfy shoes
- Yearbook and pen
- Climbing wall permission, if desired
- Leave room for PRIZES!
Please DO NOT bring in the backpack:
- Alcohol, water bottles, or liquids (we supply unlimited beverages)
- Drugs or medications without a permission slip
- Weapons or anything that could be interpreted as a weapon
- Tobacco products of any kind
On this page….
- Pack a Bag for the ANGP and Bring it to Rehearsal at the DECC
- After the Commencement Ceremony
- Graduation Party Timeframe
- Getting Home After the Party
Pack a Bag for the ANGP and Bring it to Rehearsal at the DECC
- Graduates attending the ANGP need to bring backpacks to the commencement rehearsal at 8:00 a.m.
- Please label your backpack with your name.
- Leave it with a baggage volunteer in the lobby outside of the DECC before rehearsal.
- Each bag will be checked and delivered to UMD for graduate access during the night of the party.
- No one will not be allowed to bring anything with them on the party bus from commencement ceremonies to UMD – including purses. This helps to keep our party safe and chemical free.
- Backpacks will be checked before delivery to UMD for access during the party.
- Any prohibited items found will be removed, labeled, and placed in a bag to claim at the end of the party, or thrown away if illegal.
- Backpacks can not be accepted the night of the party, nor can they be dropped off at UMD. They must be brought to rehearsal.
- Adult chaperons will guard the backpacks all evening, provide checked access to them, and will return backpacks to graduates at the end of the party.
After the Commencement Ceremony
- Graduates will be bussed from the DECC to UMD.
- Following commencement, family hugs, and Kodak moments, seniors quickly get on the bus for the fun-filled “All Nighter” at UMD.
- Please proceed down the stairs located in the DECC Lobby to the ANGP Registration Tables, where graduates will receive a wristband and board the bus.
- The wristband is needed for secure entrance to the party, backpack access, prize claim, and backpack claim.
Times for Events at the Graduation Party9:30 p.m. Bus transport all graduates to UMD 10:00 p.m. -1:30 a.m. Food and entertainment 1:30 a.m. Entertainment clean-up, graduates to Romano Gym for hypnotist 1:45-2:45 a.m. Hypnotist 3:00-4:00 a.m. Senior slide show (20-30 min) & prize give-away
Getting Home After the Party
- Graduates will not be allowed to leave the party prior to 4:00 a.m.
- They need to provide their own transportation. Parents are encouraged to pick up their sleepy student – it will have been a LONG day.
- Graduates or a parent can drop off their cars during the day and before graduation in Lot G by the Sports and Health Center, or parents can drive a car to park there any time that evening