Volunteer Sign-ups for the ANGP
- Morning baggage/backpack collection at DECC
- Morning Backpack organization at UMD
- Backpack check in/out at UMD in main student area during party
- Check IN
The volunteer sign up is available at: http://www.volunteersignup.org/QXY3T See the sidebar for job descriptions! Note that this safe and chemical free party is NOT a school-sponsored event. Although the ANGP is for the graduating seniors, parents of junior or younger grade students are essential to get the party up and running while the seniors and their parents/guardians are at commencement.
- Parents of Juniors/Sophomores/Freshmen typically volunteer for the 1st shift (~9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.)
- Parents of Seniors volunteer for the 2nd shift (11 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.)
- Morning shifts are available for decorating and backpack checks prior to graduation.
We need a lot of volunteers the night of the ANGP–sophomore and junior parents –please consider signing up, you’ll have fun! Please provide a real phone number where we can reach you the night of the event. Once you sign up, you’ll receive an email of confirmation, and then in May we’ll send out a notice detailing the parking, where to check-in for your volunteering, and a description of the ‘job duties’. Please be sure to provide a phone number where we can reach you before or during the volunteer shifts, in the rare event we need to reach you. Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Teresa Norberg-King at 218 393 1789.